Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:15 am
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Will Windows 7 Be the 2nd Coming of the "Vista Nightmare"? :O?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:38 pm 

I have been attempting to install "Windows 7 - RC" on two different machines. Try before you buy, right? Cool! :D

I am a confirmed "Geekaholic". If it's NEW or IMPROVED, I'm always willing to try it. Gadgets, iPhone, G-Phones, 3D HDTV's and George Forman Grills...... XO if it's electrical or electronic and advertised as "NEW" or "Improved", I'm always one of the first to give it a shot!

So I downloaded the Win 7 RC ISO and ran the Upgrade Tool on the Vista Install of a spare machine. It said everything was beautiful. That Aeroglass and 7 would be a marriage made in heaven. So I rubbed my sweaty palms off on my Geek towel for good luck and got to work. Did my backup & rebooted. The install screen looked sweet, not many choices though. "Oh hey.... more Mac - Like", I thought. "More automated proprietary hell, I can deal with that"! Vista has a backup *Image*.... RIGHT?

So I trusted that MS knew what they were doing and began the install. There are basically two steps to this. After the 1st one is complete it expands an image on the partition you've selected, installs aps and drivers. There is no choice between 32bit or 64bit however and if your system is 64bit that's what you'll get. That's what I didn't want, for obvious reasons. This 64bit would be the last to get driver and program support like in Wista (wished I hadn't installed it). It rebooted a few times and my eyes were peeled to see my new Win 7 installed on 1st boot up. Yayyy.... turned to Boo as what I got was a BSOD'd Reboot. hmm.. still not deterred I thought geee... I'll try this baby in "Safe Mode". eeennnhhhh... nope you can't boot into safe mode on 1st boot. So tried again and no LUCK w/ Win 7!!!

So one down and two to go, I tried the "Repair" and "Image Restore" w/ a big fat FAIL! (will do a full restore latter on this machine)

ha ha I have another computer with even newer hardware w/ partitioned Terabyte hdd and it's FASTERrrr..... :DDD

I was drooling to get my Win 7 Experience going. But I decided to play it safe and use "Bootit" to save an image. The fact that I was dual booting Win XP and Sabayon Linux did freak me a tad. Would the MBR stay in tact to boot them and Win 7? Nope! ..it doesn't even recognize it's own Grandpa Win XP to boot it! ....and naturally after re-downloading & re-burning it I thought I'd eliminated a possible bad disc. But low and behold on this machine, too... it BSOD'd me! :(

So my conclusion is; not only is Win 7 not ready for "Prime Time", it's really just a revamped Vista OS that Wista'd it was Win XP or better yet..... LINUX! (Linux w/ Compiz-Fusion was doing these Desktop Effects before either Apple or M$ got theirs going completey, on slow or fast newer hardware way before them)

Using "Bootit" I restored the MBR and that's where I am now. Booted into my good old faithful Win XP! ...and that's hard for a certified Geek to swallow.

#1 - I thought MS promised us a completely "New" Windows with a "New" file system. Where is it? :O It's not Windows 7!

#2 - Is Microsoft up to their old tricks? Embrace Extend Extinguish even their own Grandpa... Win XP?

#3 - M$ has never been too keen on competing on a level playing field and if they have to, they'll Embrace competitors like Norton, Adobe PDF and Flash technology. Steal it and Extend it with their own. Then attempt to Extinguish these competitors with no proper support. Along with blaming the FAILURES on them as well. Like it's never their fault that Nvidia Drivers fail (because they won't allow them full source code access). It's always the 3rd party software's and hardware maker's fault!

So has Microsoft really learned anything *NEW*, since the anti-trust lawsuit? I don't think so!!!! x(

How about YOU?

Yeah right.... "just a helper"! Do I look like somebody hurting for girlfriends? Why don't you show your ugly virgin face? ahaha cuz it's better at sucking!

Higher Percentage of BSOD's on Win 7 than on Vista! This is just one forum! I rest my case! Win 7 s*cks worse than Vista!!!

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproinstall/thread/9198ec21-c00a-49c0-ac27-212abaa4f66e

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:50 am 

Umm................WOW......

U Should get laid.............................................
Get a girl.....................
seriously, that's just sad.............

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:02 am 

Too much text, but Windows 7 is actually good. I mean, Vista wasn't nearly as bad as everyone made it out to seem. XP, while good, is showing it's age. No real 64-bit support, no directX10, antiquated drivers, heck, it doesn't even support SATA drives out of the box.

I've actually used Windows 7 and they really spent a lot revamping a lot of the backend with it. It has all the best features of Vista plus some new ones of it's own and eliminates some of the faults of Vista (like driver support for early adopters). It's also faster than Windows Vista.

In short, Windows 7 will be awesome. I really haven't heard anyone complain about Windows 7 (you might be the first)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:14 am 

i have vista ind windows 7RC and have had no problems with either and i like vista better >also both are far better than xp
sorry you have so much problems installing and running windows 7 RC >that is why they posted install instructions for people that think they know it all >all problems with computers is operator error not the operating system

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:26 am 

@
Just-A-H... "U Should get laid.......................................
Get a girl.....................
seriously, that's just sad............."

So you're just jealous of his money and looks much.. eh loser? lol

NOW @ asker!
It's simple dude. I'll just stick to ***** Ubuntu ***** and spend my money on my party time! xDDD

Maybe you should try this cheaper method?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:38 am 

that's a long read, but very entertaining. I don't use Vista, even though my puter supports it. i'm a gamer, so although XP doesn't support DX10, there are hacks to get it going. besides, when you're playing games you aren't that excited about the DX10 eye candy after about 5mins anyway.

PLUS my puter is setup looking like it has Win7 installed already. w/ true transparency and anything else it has to look real pretty n fancy like. In comparisons, XP is still faster than Vista, no lie. especially in games!

BUT it's crazy that ms didn't get a new faster file system to speed up the god aweful searches on larger drives. I think ur right, Win 7 will flop like Vista. my friend is all gaga over it, but try going to youtube and you'll find out just how much ms hates GOOGLE and FLASH!

SO STICK WITH XP! ;)

Profile E-mail