Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Thu May 30, 2024 9:26 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: How do I treat people I like better?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:40 am 

When I'm into someone, I pretty much avoid getting to know them because I fear that when they get to know me they won't like me as much as they did at first impression. I keep my distance to keep their impression of me the same. I do this unconciously. But what happens is I end up making it worse. I act completely rude. I ignore them. I'm nice one day and am rude the next. I play those mind games.

If I am alone with this one person, I don't really know what to say, because I fear they won't like how I come across if I do say something, so I don't say much. I hurry and get out. I really hate how I do this, because I really want to get closer to these people. I walk out and I later regret it. Part of it is that I fear they won't like me, the other part is that I want to see that someone does like me. I do it to get a sense of their feeling toward me through their response.

When I'm alone with someone else; I'm friendly, I smile and chat. I'm great with people I'm not interested in, I often find myself flirting with people I'm not interested in, and it's because I'm comfortable with them. The person I like usually sees that I treat other people great and so eventually come to the conclusion that I just don't like them. They, in turn, begin acting rude and later, they forget about me and begin to dislike me. I really really hate that I do this. It's an unconcious thing I do and I don't realize it until later. I'm hurting myself. Any advice to help me out?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:52 pm 

Buy them ice cream.. all flavors, it does wonders hehehe

No really, I think the reason why is you are afraid... and you are doing so as a defense mechanism. You do so before they try to reject you or because you think they will reject you in the end. Just take it easy and relax. Dont try to hard and dont be so hard on yourself. I like the other you, the friendly smiley chatter :-) Try to be that... all the time. Look into the eyes of the one you like and be yourself ;-) I am sure you are nicer and can be nicer to them ;-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:04 pm 

Respect them. Respect their words. Admire them. Learn more from their actions, behaviors and habits. Listen to them attentively. Obey their instructions. Seek clarifications when any doubt arises.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: How do I treat people I like better?
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 2:59 pm 
Advanced Member

Vielen Dank für alle Ratschläge zu diesem Thema.

pikachu zeichnen

Profile E-mail