Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:45 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: NEW YORK (AP) — Luke Voit heard the “Luuuuuke!”
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:34 am 
Advanced Member

chants during pre-game introductions Alex Cobb Jersey , and that got the exuberant, oversized slugger going.“Man, it fires me up every time,” he said.Beats the start of last season, when Voit was stashed away in Triple-A.A fast-rising fan favorite in the Bronx, Voit kicked off the season with a first-inning homer, backing a strong opening day effort by Masahiro Tanaka in New York’s 7-2 victory over the Baltimore Orioles on Thursday.Voit launched a three-run drive off Andrew Cashner (0-1), and Greg Bird added a solo homer in the eighth, the first big flies for New York a year after the Yankees hit a record 267 en route to 100 wins. Of course, that wasn’t enough to catch the rival Boston Red Sox, who won 108 games and a World Series championship.Voit was playing for the Cardinals’ Memphis Redbirds last opening day, a then-27-year-old with limited major league experience. He was traded to New York in July, hit 14 homers in 39 games down the stretch and charmed fans with his big biceps and boisterous home run trots.“It’s crazy how they took me in,” Voit said. “I hope they don’t boo me away too quick. I know it’s New York, but I bring the energy Wade Boggs Jersey , have fun with the guys, and I think the fans feed off of it.”Tanaka became the first Japanese pitcher to start four openers, breaking a tie with Hideo Nomo. Tanaka allowed two runs, one earned, and six hits over 5 2/3 innings, striking out five without a walk. Tanaka had been 0-2 with a 9.49 ERA on opening days.“I always feel good about giving the ball to Masa,” Yankees manager Aaron Boone said.Brandon Hyde lost in his managerial debut with Baltimore.

Profile E-mail