Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:35 am
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: PFF ranks Giants’ offensive line No. 23
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:13 am 
Advanced Member

after two weeks I generally hate playing the “what could have been” game Landon Collins Jersey , but when I saw the just-released Pro Football Focus offensive line rankings for Week 2 [subscriber only] I couldn’t help myself.Let’s start with this. The Giants are ranked No. 23 overall. That means that despite as bad as you may think the line is, nine groups around the league grade out worse. The highest-graded lineman is left tackle Nate Solder at 83.7. The lowest-graded is right guard Patrick Omameh at 59.6.PFF’s Michael Renner writes:What I have a problem with in Renner’s statement is the part about Manning getting the ball out quickly. When 29 of 44 throws are with 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, 12 behind the line, the ball is coming out pretty quickly. I don’t really know what else you can do to protect the line.Here, though, is the kick in the teeth for the Giants. The No. 1-ranked offensive line this week belongs to the New Orleans Saints, who happen to have 39-year-old Drew Brees at quarterback. Oh, and with a couple of different decisions three of the five players who make up that New Orleans line could be Giants.In 2015, the Giants drafted Ereck Flowers No. 9 overall. The Saints drafted Andrus Peat Authentic Jon Halapio Jersey , now their starting left guard, No. 13.In 2017, the Giants passed on Ryan Ramczyk at No. 23 to select Evan Engram. Ramczyk went No. 32 to the Saints and is their starting right tackle.In 2017, New Orleans right guard Larry Warford was a free agent. Rather than sign Warford, the Giants brought back John Jerry and added D.J. Fluker, neither of whom are with the team any longer. This past offseason, they added Patrick Omameh.I know it’s crying over spilt milk. I know it’s pointless to play the “coulda/woulda/shoulda” game.

Profile E-mail