Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:43 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Sam Darnold finished behind Baker Mayfield.Darnold lost an u
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:46 am 
Advanced Member

Just as in the NFL draft http://www.thebrownsfootballauthentic.com , night as Cleveland's rookie quarterback came off the bench and rallied the Cleveland Browns to a 21-17 win over the New York Jets for their first win in 20 games.The top story line heading into the game was Darnold getting a chance to showcase his skills for the Browns (1-1-1) in person and maybe make them regret not selecting him with the No. 1 overall pick in April.However, when it ended, all eyes were on Mayfield as the Heisman Trophy winner led the Browns from a 14-point deficit and ended the league's second-longest winless streak since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger.Darnold and Mayfield spoke on the field inside FirstEnergy Stadium before the game, and the young QBs met for a moment afterward.Following a conservative game plan laid out by New York's coaching staff, Darnold completed 15 of 31 passes for 169 yards but threw two interceptions in the fourth quarter as he tried to bring the Jets (1-2) back."I felt really comfortable throughout the whole game," Darnold said. "I just made stupid mistakes in the fourth quarter and some missed opportunities throughout the whole game. I just have to play better and that's one me."Isaiah Crowell had two rushing touchdowns for New York, but the former Browns running back angered some of his former teammates with an inappropriate celebration following his second score.Crowell squatted and wiped the ball on his backside before firing it into the stands , drawing a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty."That was inexcusable," Jets coach Todd Bowles said. "We addressed it and it will never happen again."

Profile E-mail