Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:43 am
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Shanahan: I think the Patriots offered more than we did
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:03 am 
Advanced Member

The New England Patriots acquired Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon in a trade Monday afternoon Youth Brock Coyle Jersey , sending a conditional 2019 fifth round pick to Cleveland. If Gordon is active less than ten games, the Browns will send back a seventh round pick, and if Gordon is active ten or more games, the deal stands as is.The San Francisco 49ers called the Browns about Gordon, according to general manager John Lynch. Both Lynch and head coach Kyle Shanahan talked about doing due diligence whenever a potentially quality player is available.Shanahan met with the media Monday afternoon to wrap up Week 2, and he was asked about Gordon and if it was tempting to see if he could fit into what the team is doing.He was specifically asked if the price was too high for the 49ers, to which he said, “Yeah, I’m not going to get into exactly what. But Youth Arik Armstead Jersey , I think they did more than we did.”Adam Schefter reported that the deal was originally going to be for a sixth rounder, but the Patriots did not have one in the 2019 draft. The 49ers do not have a pick in the fifth round due to the Laken Tomlinson trade, and do not have have a pick in the seventh round due to the Shon Coleman trade. That means either they would have had to offer up a fourth round pick or a sixth round pick.If the 49ers had gone with a fourth round pick, they probably could have worked out a deal for some pick in return. But, the team did not do a deal, and naturally that has some folks upset about it.I get why people are upset. Josh Gordon at one point was an immensely talented player. In 2013, even after a two-game suspension, he put up a league-leading 1,646 receiving yards with 87 receptions and nine touchdowns.

Profile E-mail