Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:06 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Joel Bitonio opens up about his move to left tackle
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:56 am 
Advanced Member

Cleveland Browns Hats , facing Myles Garrett Cleveland Browns standout offensive lineman Joel Bitonio was asked to make a difficult transition this offseason, and despite initial hesitancy he has taken it in stride, and thrived.While we do know Bitonio questioned the decision to move him to left tackle, we do not know his initial thought processes about the move, and we don’t—or didn’t—really know why he felt that way.Thanks to some excellent reporting by the Plain Dealer’s Dan Labbe, we have a better idea of the situation. Bitonio provided very intricate details into his mindset about the change, the differences in guard versus tackle, his matching up with edge rusher Myles Garrett in practice, and more.“It’s a whole new world,” Bitonio told Labbe. “Going against Pittsburgh, I’m used to blocking Cam Heyward, (Stephon) Tuitt, (Javon) Hargrave, those guys inside and then, right away, it’s like I’ve got T.J. Watt, Bud Dupree Cleveland Browns Hoodie , there’s different animals of players I have to study.”Then just from a whole perspective, the whole playbook’s different on the outside. I’m used to double teaming every play, I’m used to pulling, those types of things and now it’s like, oh, I’m the backside cut-off guy or I fan out on a defensive end.”Bitonio highlighted pass sets as the biggest differing between the two positions, citing more tact and strategy involved in tackle whereas when playing guard everything happens faster.On facing Garrett, Bitonio lauded the former No. 1 pick as on the verge of becoming one of the best pass rushers in the league this season, calling him a “beast,” and saying facing him in practice can be pretty humbling.

Profile E-mail