Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:14 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: spending to the region and $
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:04 am 
Advanced Member

Tony Romo received a sponsor's exemption to play an opposite-field event on the PGA Tour this year. His next foray into golf is something he wants to earn.

The former Dallas Cowboys quarterback and CBS football analyst has entered the Web Tour qualifying tournament Youth Luke Kuechly Jersey , which starts Wednesday morning at Lantana Golf Club in Texas. This will be the pre-qualifying stage, the start of a long road toward earning status on the Web Tour.

He has entered as an amateur.

Romo shots rounds of 77-82 to miss the cut in the Corales Puntacana Resort & Club Championship in March, the same week as the Match Play in Austin, Texas. He tried to qualify for the U.S. Open a month later, but shot 77 at local qualifying in Texas and didn't come close to the eight players who advanced to the next stage.

The last athlete from another sport who tried to earn a Web Tour card was tennis player Mardy Fish in 2014.

Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry has played a Web Tour event each of the last two years at the Ellie Mae Classic at TPC Stonebrae. He has missed the cut both times, including rounds of 71-86 this year.

Eleven athletes from other sports have played the Web Tour. None has made the cut.

So for Romo, this might be the ultimate Hail Mary.

MILLER TIME

Johnny Miller will keep busy with NBC four out of the next five weeks, starting with the second FedEx Cup playoff event and into the Ryder Cup. He also will be at the Phoenix Open next year, which NBC will broadcast because CBS Sports has the Super Bowl.

After that, the 71-year-old Miller is not sure.

"It's been 50 years on the road, and part of me is saying, 'That's enough,'" Miller said Tuesday to promote the Safeway Open in Napa, California. "I haven't gotten to that point yet. They're still trying to convince me to keep going. So we'll see. I usually listen to my gut, so to speak Womens Ben Roethlisberger Jersey , and my wife. Right now, I am planning on scaling down even more. We'll see what happens. Maybe I will say, 'Hey, one more year.'"

The Safeway Open, the first event of the new season, will be Oct. 4-7 and again is expected to feature Phil Mickelson, who most likely will be coming to wine country after the Ryder Cup in Paris. The tournament said Fred Couples would play on a sponsor's exemption, while other commitments include Tony Finau, Brandt Snedeker and Mark Mulder, the former major league pitcher.

THE LONG AND SHORT OF IT

Profile E-mail