Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:02 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: “It’s not easy to
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:02 am 
Advanced Member

NASHVILLE Mark Ingram Jersey , Tenn. (AP) — Sharif Finch has lived through a roller-coaster of emotions over the past few weeks with the lowest of lows in the death of his father early in training camp, and now the linebacker is enjoying the highest of highs.

The undrafted free agent rookie from Temple has earned a spot on the Tennessee Titans‘ roster .

“It’s something I still have to deal with every day,” Finch said Monday as he sat at a locker with his name taped overhead until a permanent nameplate can be added.

“I just lost my mom a couple years ago and losing my dad … God gives us, what’s the saying? … God gives his toughest battles to the strongest, so I’m just feeling blessed.”

Finch had been in training camp less than a week when his father, Gregory “Sharif” Finch, died at the age of 61. The funeral was Aug. 6 Drew Bledsoe Jersey , just before the Titans’ preseason opener in Green Bay. Finch attended the funeral with a family that includes his 20 brothers and sisters, and then he made his NFL debut with a sack in the third quarter.

Titans outside linebackers coach Shane Bowen said they had known about Finch’s toughness and the type of young man he is since they signed him. That performance in an emotional week made everyone in the organization happy for Finch.

“It’s not easy to do that,” Bowen said.

Finch is one of four undrafted rookie free agents to make the Titans’ 53-man roster in the final cut-down: offensive lineman Aaron Stinnie, defensive end Matt Dickerson and wide receiver Cameron Batson. The Titans open the season Sunday at Miami.

Profile E-mail