Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:00 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Can anyone tell me the difference between Autodesk Revit Architecture and Autodesk VIZ?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:45 am 

My purpose is to find a software to draw some Architectural concepts and have some rendering as output. Wich one of the above is suitable for me? Easiness is very important, due to the fact I'm not an Architect. Any other software for my goals?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Can anyone tell me the difference between Autodesk Revit Architecture and Autodesk VIZ?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:45 am 

Autodesk REVIT is a autocad based product that is designed for use in the Arch world, VIZ is a visulazation program. your best bet is REVIT

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:21 am 

First, Revit is not an AutoCAD based product as the previous answer suggested. It is owned by Autodesk which makes AutoCAD, but it's in no way based on AutoCAD, infact it was designed as an alternative program to AutoCAD or AutoCAD Architecture to design buildings.

Revit can both do building designs and decent rendering output. It can't do photo-realistic design work, but more than good enough renderings to get your design intent across.

That being said... to use Revit correctly you really need to understand how a building goes together. Have you thought about the free download, SketchUp? It can do some interesting things and many architects use it to define the initial design of their structures before moving into construction documentation.
Content provided by Yahoo Answers.

Profile E-mail