Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:54 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: why does my router kick me off my xbox 360?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:22 pm 

I have a netgear g router and it is about 2.5 years old. I hate the router. Was looking at a cisco linksys e1000, e2000 or e3000. anyway when I play mw2 on my new xbox 360 slim it keeps kicking me off and out of my party. Any help? I tried to convince my dad to let me buy a new router and he doesn't know shit about them!! any help on how to convince him. What can I do to fix lag and avoid being kicked off or what router should I get. I also have 2 dell laptops, 2 ipod touches and a wired dell desktop. Any help at all will be appreciated.
Thanks but he didn't pay for the first arcade I had or the slim. I am 13 and I pay for everything myself! Macbook pro, samsung led tv, xbox, ipod touch, stereo, guitars. It kinda sucks but I make a lot of money! and I still have 5000 for a car so anyone that says I'm spoiled can kiss my ass!
And my dad won't let me connect a wire to it because it goes through a hallway.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: why does my router kick me off my xbox 360?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:22 pm 

Ok. If I were you and gonna get a new router, I would recommend the linksys wireless-N router. The N series seems to be better than the G series for some tech reason. I have one and I have no probs with MW2. But, I did call linksys and had them to walk me thru on setting it up for optimum band width, in other words made it as fast as possible to allow a good connection to live. It has multiple ports so you can connect your PC, xbox, etc.

Now, as far as convincing your dad. All I can say, is that you need it to be able to maintain a connection while gaming. I mean he spent that money on a new slim and you can't even play online? (hint,hint) Anyway, good luck my friend and hope this helped.

Oh, and if all else fails, just disconnect the PC from the modem, and plug the xbox into it directly. Thats what I had to do until I got my router. Just remember to hook the PC back up after gaming, lol.
Content provided by Yahoo Answers.

Profile E-mail