Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Thu May 30, 2024 3:37 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: How to down grade windows 7 to vista error freeing space?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:56 am 

When I insert the windows vista disc that came with my pc I get the following message:"This computer does not have enough space for temporary files.Windows instalatinon needs at least 450 MB of space on any pariton for temporary files.To install windows,free enough space and restart instaltion"?.How can I free space.I need to remove windows 7 beacuse it is not genuine and need to go back to vista but my pc is saying to free space.Any one help?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: How to down grade windows 7 to vista error freeing space?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:56 am 

You can't install Vista from Win7, you have to boot with the Vista disk....
How to perform a clean install of Windows.

A clean installation consists of removing all data from your hard disk by reformatting your hard disk and reinstalling the operating system and programs to an empty (clean) hard disk.

Note: To boot from your Windows CD/DVD, the BIOS settings on your computer must be configured to do this. On start up keep tapping either F1, F2, F10,(Be Aware that some manufacturers use F10 for system recovery!) Esc, or Del, to enter the BIOS set-up. Look for "Drive configuration", "Boot order" or similar and make the CD/DVD drive the first boot device. Save settings and exit.

Start your computer from the Windows CD/DVD.
To do this, insert the CD/DVD into your CD/DVD drive, and then restart your computer.
When you see the "Press any key to boot from CD" message, press a key to start the computer from the CD/DVD.

At the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to start Windows Setup and then press F8.

Follow the instructions on the screen to select and format (NTFS) a partition where you want to install Windows.

Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the Windows Setup.
You will be asked to enter"Regional and Language/Keyboard Settings" your serial/product key, then update and activate Windows.
Content provided by Yahoo Answers.

Profile E-mail