Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 1:31 am
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: If I buy a HP PC that has Windows 7 installed is there a XP downgrade out there that I could install
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:05 am 

I'm thinking about getting a new PC but it has Windows 7 installed on it. I don't want to relearn another Windows and like XP. Is it possible to downgrade from W7 to XP?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: If I buy a HP PC that has Windows 7 installed is there a XP downgrade out there that I could install
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:05 am 

It MIGHT be possible, but if it is, it definitely won't be easy. And there's definitely no kit for it. XP doesn't have all the drivers needed for the hardware in the new HP computer, so you would have to put the drivers onto the Windows XP install CD yourself. That's not an easy task! And it's hard to get right.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:29 am 

Sure, you need to by their business notebooks though as they are the only ones that have this option. You can also go with windows 7 professional which has win xp built in it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:53 am 

I actually dont think there is, you can buy the computer then take it to a local, small computer shop and ask them to load windows xp on for you, the should only charge around $120 maximum

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:17 am 

You can normally choose a downgrade in the system options when buying.

However, i wouldn't recommend it. As pc's move forward the past becomes obsolete. Also, XP and all windows OS since 2000 have used very similar settings etc, so unless you actually fix/maintain your pc yourself (which as you don't want to relearn a new OS, I am guessing you don't), you don't need to worry about it. It will mostly be very straight forward.

Even Vista (Though I hate it with a passion) is easier to use than XP.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:41 am 

downgrading from 7 to xp is total madness.
Mainstream support for Windows XP finished in April 2009,
Security patches will be discontinued in April 2014.

just go and get the free copy of XP for windows 7 from microsoft
and it will run inside w7 on a virtual pc. : http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

You will find W7 is easier than XP to learn.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:05 am 

You have to stay up to date with computers or soon youll be illiterate at them. Windows 7 is quite a bit better and easier than XP if you give it some time. XP came out in 2001 and is terrible for driver support on newer computers. While it was a good OS, its time to upgrade to something modern.

If you have old programs that need XP you can check out VMLite XP Mode which allows you to run XP on top of windows 7 and its pretty fast.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:29 am 

you need to buy their business notebooks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:53 am 

You have to stay up to date with computers
Content provided by Yahoo Answers.

Profile E-mail