Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Thu May 30, 2024 5:06 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Failed to install driver for my camera and no longer recognizes my camera as new hardware. how to fi
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:08 am 

My Kodak EasyShare c813 doesn't work on my computer. It works fine on my sister's so its not the camera. When i tried the camera the first time on my computer it didn't say new hardware installed and ready to use.... it said that is failed to install the hardware. After that when i plug my camera in, it makes the device connected sound that sounds like it failed. it no longer recognises it as new hardware. I need to figure out how to make my computer (xp sp1) to try installing a new driver for my camera again. and yes i do have the latest version of kodak easyshare software installed already. Thanks everyone!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Failed to install driver for my camera and no longer recognizes my camera as new hardware. how to fi
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:08 am 

First of all, I'd upgrade to SP3 Final build, if I were you.

The link below will help you get the stand alone pack in a free download.

Before you do this, uninstall the camera drivers and then install SP 3.

I think when you add the hardware, this time around, it'll automatically install it, since SP 3 has all updated drivers already there in it's dll files.

All the best.

ST

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:20 am 

the first thing you should do is upgrade xp to sp2 or sp3 you'll most likely find the camera and software doesn't support sp1
then to get it to recognize the camera as new hardware open the control panel click on the add hardware icon and just follow the wizard that should sort out your problem!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:33 pm 

You need to install SP 2 or perhaps SP 3 with Windows Update. Then do the install. Make sure to temporarily disable your anti-virus program and spybot while installing the device drivers too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:45 pm 

I don't have that camera, but I would try uninstalling the kodak easyshare software (control panel - add/remove programs). Then reinstall the easyshare software again. If the uninstall program asks about leaving any dll files behind, say no.

Also - both computers run XP right? If your on Vista, you may need to check with Kodak to be sure the have a driver that supports Vista.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:57 pm 

uninstall the latest software and restart you pc. then install the original software not the latest software and see if it works. If it does, your latest software is only for sp2 version.
Content provided by Yahoo Answers.

Profile E-mail