Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:48 am
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: What is the difference between Windows Vista and Windows 7?
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:58 pm 

Which OS you will choose? When i compare both the OS, most of the functions are the same but only Windows 7 slightly faster then Vista! Any other difference between this 2 OS?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:58 pm 

Yes, use both of them one day and you'll see the difference. Vista is pure garbage. Go with 7 you will be much happier.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:15 pm 

Just a progression - just as a 2009 car is a progression from the 2007 model - a few tweaks here and there but no huge difference

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:32 pm 

I would easily choose Windows 7 because I never liked Vista to begin with. Its probably because I was so used to Windows XP that I didn't feel the need to start using Vista in the first place.

Windows 7 and Windows Vista are very similar, though. The layout is very similar, it almost looks the same, and most of the theme is also the same. I dont know about the actual specs or capabilities of these two because I havent actually used either on a long-term basis, but I would say they are very like and in the end you have to choose between a more XP-like Windows, or just stick to Vista.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:49 pm 

Your are exactly right, 7 is faster and less annoying - you don't have to approve every little action like in vista - also it's aero user interface is much nicer then the one in Vista and 7 also solved many of the other small annoyances in Vista such as super slow Copy / Paste. 7 has it's bugs of course too - main one being a terrible internal search engine. The bottom line still is that 7 is a huge improvement over Vista.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:06 pm 

Windows 7 is more stable and replaced Vista which was reportedly CR&*P. Windows 7 will only work on Newer spec Computers, and I doubt whether you could by a Computer now with Vista on. Go with Windows 7.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:23 pm 

Yes there's difference but not major I myself used both now I uses 7 it is better than vista also secured

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:41 pm 

I run windows 7, it is a far better system to run, although there a some items that the drivers are no avalable but these can be run in compatability mode. If U upgrade from Vista you have the added option that you do not loose your vista files it simply moves them into a file called WINDOWS OLD so all your files, docs, etc will not be lost. You may need to transfer (or reinstall programs and drivers from this old file to your new windows 7.. This O'S is far more stable and easyer to use like any other O/S you have to get used to useing. and with the added option of obtaining a touch screen monitor, (SEE NOVATECH) windows 7 supports this, U can do things with just a touch of the fingers. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:58 pm 

Hi Rssays,

If you are going to invest in a new Operating System, you should really consider Windows 7. It comes with enhanced and new features that are not included with Vista - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features. Also, since Windows 7 is the newer of Operating Systems, there are more support resources available and discussions surrounding Windows 7.

Hope this helps with your decision!
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach
Content provided by Yahoo Answers.

Profile E-mail