Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 11:48 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: How do I revert my computer back to normal after fixing blue screen?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:58 pm 

I recently fixed a blue screen error the other day by inserting my windows xp repair cd and telling it to reinstall windows xp, it was fixed but now a lot of my settings were changed like my date and time were changed back to like the first time I got my laptop and most of my already installed programs say they're new. Also I can't logg into aim anymore because it's giving me a connection error. My firefox has also been giving me a "untrusted connection" for almost every site I visit including gmail, facebook, and yahoo. Can someone help me? I don't even know how to diagnose this issue.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: How do I revert my computer back to normal after fixing blue screen?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:58 pm 

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

and then right click on your computers time and you can adjust your settings.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:58 pm 

if your still not sure on what to do
then go to your local computer store and get them to look at it and fix it for you

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:58 pm 

In general you want to do a repair install and NOT use the repair console.

Detailed instructions for a repair install are here http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm He also describes how to create an XP disk with the service pack included easily.

If you can no longer do a repair install or find it too complicated, DO NOT reformat and reinstall as this will wipe you out and leave you with nothing but the operating system. You would have to reinstall all your programs and much of your data would be inaccessible.

Reimage can repair your system even if a repair install fails. It costs a little but it is well worth it to save your data. It takes about 30 minutes and preserves your programs and data. If you are not happy with the results, you don't have to pay and you can reverse any changes that it made. More information here http://www.askthecomputerdoc.com/blog/cant-repair-xp-what-to-do-if-xp-fails/

Profile E-mail