Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 3:53 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Windows gives me this error message everytime I start my computer. Anyone know what it is?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:58 am 

I get this message every time I start my computer: error loading C:\WINDOWS\ajacukal.dll specified module not found.

I tried searching the net for "ajacukal" and found nothing. Anyone know what the hell this is and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Sandy

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Windows gives me this error message everytime I start my computer. Anyone know what it is?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:43 pm 

What windows OS do you have?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:28 pm 

Probably spyware. Run Spybot and also check your startup for anything strange.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:13 pm 

i also just searched it and found nothing.you must have deleted something and when it trys to boot it cant find it.go to msconfig and turn it off so it wont boot up

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:58 pm 

Hi,
from your desktop go :-
start > run then type "MSCONFIG" then press enter
then select the startup tab
look at all the stuff that you have starting at bootup
and DISABLE the one that linked to jacukal
disable one at a time till your warning stops

next please do this :-
download CCleaner and install it
run it to clear your temp files etc
then look in the startup option
and delete jacukal etc

it's not a software that i know

you could also do this :-
Download ?Malwarebytes? onto a UBS Memory stick using a friends system
Use the Filehippo links as these are completely FREE
Reboot your system
As it boots up press (tap) F8
When in SAFE MODE install ?Malwarebytes? using your USB Stick copy
When installed, run a full scan of your HDD
Reboot back into main windows again
Update ?Malwarebytes? using the update tab page
Run another full scan of your HDD

Trust me this will not harm your system at all, only kill any bad stuff that's on it.

this should solve it for you

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:43 pm 

A trace of a program, be it spyware, or legitimate was once trying to start when you boot up your computer, and that program is no longer on your computer, however the windows registry still has it listed as needing to run at startup. First go to start, all programs, and startup, and see if there is anything in there that should not be. Delete anything that you don't want starting up when you turn on your computer.

Next, go to start, run, and type 'regedit'. This is the windows registry. You can totally ruin your comptuer by doing something wrong here, so first make a back up of the registry. Then go do a search for ajacukal.dll and delete every registry entry that has that file in it. Next time you start up your computer, the error message will be gone, and you are ridding your comptuer of stray files that should not be there anyway.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:28 pm 

Dll stands for dynamic library link. Try this site.

http://asknerd.net

(What is a .dll error and how to fix it)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:13 pm 

It is unclear what program wants that dll, but you might look at what software you most recently installed, and you definitely want to scan with spybot and an antivirus to make sure it is not something malware is trying to load.

If there is a program starting at startup that wants that dll, you'd keep getting that error when the program starts. You can check msconfig (start -> run -> msconfig ) to see what programs are trying to start and potentially disable their startup. You can use the "selective startup" feature of msconfig to temporarily start up with less or no startup items. Don't use msconfig to mess with services, though, it doesn't always work right.

If windows itself is trying to load that dll, you can try

regsvr32 /u ajacukal.dll

on the command line to unregister it so windows doesn't try to load it. You might check to see if this dll exists under the windows directory (in c:windows c:windowssystem32 or in c:windowssystem32dllcache) because it may be that that dll is loading and wanting something else. If it's in the dllcache you have to boot in safe mode to delete it, but I would move it to another directory first rather than deleting it in case something breaks because that dll is missing.

After you unregister and move the dll watch for some program acting funny or not being able to start; that program is probably the one that used the dll and you can usually fix that kind of problem by reinstalling the program.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:58 pm 

simplist first
open my computer right click drive c: and select properties
next select tools
top tool error checking
click scannow

Profile E-mail