Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 2:55 am
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: how do i place php on my website?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:58 pm 

Here are the instructions I'm trying to follow:

?At this step you should already have purchased hosting with FTP access, MySQL4 (or MySQL5) and PHP5 installed, and registered a domain for your store

?Choose the store in drop down menu and download scripts by clicking on ?Download? button

?In MySQL administration area of hosting panel create database (choose any available name, for example, ?storedata?)

(This is the part where I'm stuck)

?Unpack and upload downloaded files in directory on the server where site's files should be stored

?Make sure your domain points to this directory

?In browser window, enter URL of your new site (for example http://www.yoursite.com) to launch installator

?Follow all installation steps and fix any errors that may appear

?Enjoy your own online store!

?To enter admin panel, add /admin/ to main URL address (for example http://www.yoursite.com/admin/) and log in using login/password you use for affiliate panel

I have all the files needed I just need to know how to place them or if anyone could place them FOR ME that'd be even better.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:28 am 

Do you have a host wiche support PHP and MySQL now?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:58 am 

Sure, you would upload them to the server the same way that you would any other file. If that doesn't make sense, then start with learning how to place HTML on your website lol. If you do not have a webhost, and you just want to test your PHP code, then I would suggest installing XAMPP on your computer. PHP runs server-side, so if you don't have a server, you don't have PHP execution.

Also, be careful with what looks to be code that you are copying for shopping cart and transaction processing. You will need more security and fault tolerance than most. Also, if you are trying to use a MySQL database, you must be knowledgable about indexing, creating relationships between tables and databases, normal forms, primary keys, foreign keys, relational integrity... and the list goes on.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:28 am 

You need a web host supporting php & mysql.

As an experienced webmaster I recommend BH web hosting which I?m sure it would work for you and fulfill all your requirements. They have a really great offer for hosting & I have used them for over 3 yrs now, and have never had a single problem with them.

You can reach reviews about this web hosting provider and its latest DISCOUNT COUPONS at:

http://www.threehosts.com/reviews/1st

Only $3.95 /month (with discount coupon).

******IMPORTANT********
* This service was awarded the ?Best Web Hosting OF The Year?.
* If you sign up for this service you will have $75 credits to advertise your website with the google & yahoo search engines for free!
* You Can Register A Free Domain or Use Your Existing Domains. They Support All Domain Names.

Another useful link:
http://www.threehosts.com/build
There you can find a step-by-step guide to start your website.

Hope this helps.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:58 am 

It looks like this self installs, once you have used your hosting company's control panel to setup the database, you usually use an FTP utility program to upload the installer package to the root of your site, navigating to your site activates the installer: "In browser window, enter URL of your new site (for example http://www.yoursite.com) to launch installer"

Hi point recap:
(if you have separate domain company, see that domain nameserver setting provided by your hosting company are entered in your domainer account)
assuming you have a regular lenux shared hosting service with mysql database:
your hosting control panel should have a "create database" form.
A separate FTP program requiring hosting ftp account name & password to be entered is usually used to upload files, occasionally hosts provide browser based file transfer, but it's highly limited.

Profile E-mail