Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 4:35 am
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: I have windows 7 on my laptop and windows media player, I use to could burn cd's and actually i stil
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:07 pm 

For some reason it now burns it but my cd and dvd can only play on the pc. I cant play it on anything else. Usually when I put in a blank cd it will read how much space have on the cd and thats usually up to 80 minutes. Now it lets as much as u want on their and I like to go back to how it was when I can then play it on a regular cd player and in the car and put it anywhere else. Help me, I dont really like this version on windows media that I have; it came with the windows 7 when I got the laptop but cant afford another program at this time.

Please help me step by step on how to change settings if need be or another free program to get. I currently have limewire for downloading music and that works great. Never any trouble or viruses.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: I have windows 7 on my laptop and windows media player, I use to could burn cd's and actually i stil
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:07 am 

you need to "close" the cd or "finalize" the dvd before it will play on an external player, writing in "disk at once " mode will normally do the same thing

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:07 am 

finalize summed up in 1 word

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:07 am 

It sounds like WMP may be set to burn data CDs, when commercial CD players cannot read mp3 files. To reset WMP to burn audio CDs -- open WMP; click on the arrow under Burn at the top of the screen. There should be a check mark or bullet beside Audio CD instead of Data CD or DVD. If not, click on Audio CD.

Hope this works for you.

Profile E-mail