Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 10:09 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Native screen resolution not working?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:07 pm 

I'm using a netbook (Acer Aspire One 751h-1948) and I decided to upgrade it to vista so i can keep all my files and programs installed when I get Windows 7 later this month. This netbook's native resolution is 1366x768 and vista only lets me put it up to 1024x768, It lets me put it up way higher when I use an external display (it's native resolution) but I don't want to always have to use the external display to get a clear crisp image.

I had the 1366x768 resolution when I had it under XP

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Native screen resolution not working?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:07 pm 

Whenever you install a new operating system, you need to install the proper drivers.

ALSO the advertising for your unit is misleading advertisement. Your screen is capable of that, but not your INTEGRATED intel GMA 500 "poulsbo" video is only 1024x768 under certain conditions because it uses hardware accelleration. To change the quantity of hardware accelleration or turn it off completely check the link below. While the gma500 was used in several netbooks, it was implemented at TWO different qualities 100 and 200. Guess which one acer uses. Asus, dell, msi, etc used the better chip. As you have now learned, there is a difference between frugal (getting the best VALUE) and cheap (lowest price, no matter how crummy). There is a reason why acers are slightly cheaper.

Your video is 256M SHARED so the more aps you have running, the worse your video will be. Turn off everything you don't need and check for vampire applications like magic jackedup, IM, AOhell, crype, crimewire, bareassshare, etc. Turn them off. They are running all the time, whether you know it or not.

Turn down what little 3d you have, the higher the 3d, the lower the resolution you are capable of. It wouldn't hurt to refresh your drivers. Acer mobos are kinda iffy. The driver for the video for your system is part of "intel chipset" or might be listed as "intel gma"

Additionally. the units with your sequence are actually REFURBISHED, NOT new so they might have given you not as good a screen!

You have a 11" netbook screen so it doesn't matter but misleading advertising should be illegal

This is par for the course for acer but this type advertising is getting worse. Toshiba, a normally reputable company is doing the same thing on their 505 series, claiming it is capable of 8G memory when it isn't and high screen resolutions when it isn't

Profile E-mail