Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 12:59 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Is this a good computer for Gaming?, and what are good games for it?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:07 pm 

I plan on buying a gateway computer as seen here

http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668314.php

and i've never really was a gamer before on anything not even a playstation but I may want to do some slight gaming on here but nothign serioius since i never gamed before and I don't feel like spending too much money.

This computer has an Integrated ATIĀ® Radeon? HD 3200 Graphics card a 1 tera byte hard drive and 8 gb ddr2 ram also has an AMD quad core processor

I know its not the greatest set up for gaming, I didn't think about gaming when i was buying it because I was foucusing on it more for things i already use I kinda just want an idea of what are some good games that I would be able to run on this machine easily and that I would enjoy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Is this a good computer for Gaming?, and what are good games for it?

Either you are kidding us or you really don't know computers.
I'd love to have yours. It will scream. Name the game and it will work.

Profile E-mail  

It depends on what level of gaming you plan on doing. If you plan on doing 'light' gaming - playing older computer games or newer ones but at low graphics settings - this computer will likely have sufficient power to do so.

However, as this computer has an integrated graphics card, it is not recommended for modern games with high graphical detail. Generally, a computer is not considered a 'gaming' machine if it lacks a dedicated graphics card.

So in short, this system WILL play games like:

Sims 3
SimCity 4
Spore

And will NOT play (or only be able to play at very low resolutions/settings):

Crysis
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Red Alert 3

Profile E-mail  

That computer is really really good and im thinking of buying it, the specs are great for gaming. if you really want to test your machine get Crysis that game is extreme but yes that computer would be really good for gaming. good luck and have fun :)

Profile E-mail