Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 9:54 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: how do i know if a company is legit?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:03 pm 

I think I have been SCAMMED by Silverspring Lending Services also. I stupidly signed up for a loan with them, sent $1500 up front like these other guys did (that I read about on your website) and my story sounds IDENTICAL to theirs. They told me that they would give me a loan through one of their lenders, but because I was a high risk candidate that I would have to pay $1500 in advance. I was told that my $1500 would go towards the loan as the 1st 6 months payments & I wouldn't have to send them anything else until May 2010. They assured me that as soon as I sent the $1500, that the $10,000 loan amount would be deposited into my account by 5pm the next day. This was last Friday, 10/27/09. Well, no deposit showed up so then someone from their accounting dept said their insurance company stopped the loan process because I'm high risk due to my "not so good" credit history & told me I now have to send ANOTHER $1000 before they will give me my $10,000 loan. Well, that is what they advertise to begin with!!!!!!!!!!!! - that they give loans to people like me with bad credit history. So now I'm scared to death. I sent them my entire paycheck, can't scramble up another $1000 & don't know if they will honestly refund my money back. I couldn't find this company registered with the Better Business Bureau and when I googled them before I sent my money, nothing bad showed up. Then of course, AFTER I sent them my $1500 someone posted a "rip-off" report on Google on 10/26/09. I don't know what I should do now, do I borrow $1000 from my handicapped father & send that to them? Or do I just ask for my initial $1500 back? If I send them another $1000, who's to say they won't do the same thing and say, you need to send more money again. I think I just learned a huge lesson and I may not see a dime but I believe in carma & I'll just put this in God's hands now . If this Silverspring Lending Company ends up ripping me off, I'll list them as a rip-off anywhere I can online to hopefully stop other poor people like me before they lose their hard earned money. It's a shame.

Thanks for your helpful inffo JTRU. The problem is, I signed a 4 page faxed contract from this lending company & my husband called & asked them how are we guaranteed the $10,000 loan if & once we send another $1000? Meaning - what if they say that yet AGAIN? Oh now we only need a 3rd payment from you then we will send your loan amont. Their accounting mgr assured my husband that they can only ask once for another payment & said it's all listed on the contract. We thoroughly read the contract & sure enough it reads, " The lender reserves the right to request additional security coverage or additional collateral payments pending an independent assessment of borrower information, if security provided by borrower is denied assessment, a refund will take place coinciding with the monthly billing cycle of the lender. Do you have any suggestions about this? Thanks for your help and advise.

Profile E-mail  

If they already agreed to give you the loan and received the payment they asked for they cannot change the agreement now. Don't give them anymore money! Try to get it back. Next time you are unsure about a company, especially when dealing with loans or collections check out Better Business Bureau at bbb.org. If they belong to BBB they are definitely legit. Also, make sure you have an agreement in writing, that way if they try to screw you you can sue.

Profile E-mail  

You want to know where your money is now? Nigeria.
They are clever aren't they.
And what's incredible is that they get money from people who WANT money! How mad is that.
And what's MORE incredible is that people KEEP on sending them money even after they get ripped off.

Do yourself a BIG favor and DO NOT take money from your handicapped father, you are in a hole, please stop digging!

Profile E-mail