Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:03 am
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Why cant I play this game!!?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:47 am 

I saw this game Fallout 3 and it was soooo cool. I bought this game immediately and tried to install it to my computer. I havn't played computer games in 6 years so I was sooo excited.

But I couldn't even install the game! There were a lot of errors with memory, video card, hardware.. blah blah blah. Im not a computer expert so I dont know the meaning of this all so I wonder if u guys can help me out.

If it helps, I remember my computer having these specifications:

Pentium 2 333MHz

32 MB RAM

Windows 98 (automatically updated)

Btw, Im new to this Internet stuff too but I kinda like this. Should I apply for a broadband access DSL thing which they say is faster and thus better or I should just stick with my dial-up phone connection? They say 56kbps is slow nowadays, but I dont even know what dat means. Watchathink?

You guys are right, there are specification requirements in the box under "system requriements." I should have read the damn box first! These are the minimum requirements:

Windows XP/ Vista

512MB System RAM

2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

128MB Direct3D compatible video card

and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;

8x DVD-ROM drive

4.6 GB free hard disk space

I can see that I do not meet the requirements above and I do not understand the ohers. Can i just ask computer shops to upgrade my computer to those requirements or should I buy a totally new one? I can't just return the game to get a refund cuz there's nothing wrong with the CD game, its my computer that's wrong... :(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:47 am 

Your computer is worth about $20. The fact that it runs windows 98 (which came out in 98) indicates it is over 11 years old. You need to invest in a new computer if you are going to play new games. For $400 or so you should be able to find one somewhere that supports F3.

You should defiantly get DSL or even skip that and get cable. The web was meant to be experienced on a fast connection.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:47 pm 

Dude... you need a new computer bad. I mean bad. You need at least a processor with an output of 1.5 GHz, 1 GB of RAM and Windows XP. I'm not too sure what the specifications for the game are, but usually they will have them on the bottom of the box somewhere.

This computer is ancient by computer standards.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:47 pm 

If what you say is true, and your specification of your PC is as you remember, there is no chance that game will run on your PC I'm afraid...

The reason is because all those errors you get about graphics, memory, etc is that your PC can't handle the required specification of the game.

Nowadays you have to be updating your PC all the time because games are just getting more and more demanding graphically, etc.

So for you, I would recommend these two options; Either A) Buy a new PC (maybe ask a friend or friend of a friend who is good with computers to give you some advice for what to buy to run the game, and future games if that's what you want). Or B) Take the game back and get a refund because it just won't work.

Also, regarding your internet query I would suggest upgrading to broadband. 56k modems are almost a complete thing of the past now, and you can get a much faster connection with broadband for quite cheap (depending where you live in the world). If you are UK-based I would recommend O2 or BT as your provider.

Hope this helps!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:47 pm 

That set up that you have might have been fast back in the day. But to run these newer games you need something with a lil more umph!!!! I just installed 4 GB of RAM to my computer! Compare that to your 32 MB RAM! Three things are important in installing and running these new games: Hard Drive, RAM and Graphic Cards. Take a trip to Best Buy or call DELL or Gateway, and tell them what you want to run, and they'll give you the hookup!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:47 pm 

read the back of the games in future it will tell you need XP/Vista ect my graphics card is not even powerful enough for it so lucky i did look before i just said yep i want to spend $100 on this

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:47 pm 

ur computer not goin to do the work dude u better take new one, these days u dont even find any one to buy even if u want to sell if i am right.

56 is slow but if it is ok for u no problem bcoz long back even i had like 90 the only thing is it takes time to load.

Profile E-mail