Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:18 am
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Teens, do you find Church boring?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:58 pm 

I love going to church. It kinda sounds like my situation. Used to be agnostic(thought I was rebelling), realized there is a reason there are 2.5 billion Christians in the world, and realized that Jesus is indeed the Son of God.

So after I stopped being a self-centered jackass, i realized that Church can be very fun. Although, luckily, I'm not Catholic. I don't think I could stand that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:02 am 

You sound like a guy who preaches on the A train in the New York Subway. He is more interested in getting people to realize that his congregation "has fun" in church, as opposed to any good theological reason why people should embrace Christianity/go to church in the first place. Seriously, if I was only interested in having fun, I have many other options (e.g. "secular" rock and hip-hop music).

Saying that "Church seems boring sometimes is because we mix up religion with relationship (I am assuming you mean romantic relationships") is another usual argument about nothing. Anyone who believes that "religion/religious ethics is all about preventing people from having sex" is seriously confused. The reason I am not religious has nothing to do with a fear of not having enjoyable relationships. I think it reflects badly on the popular perception of Christianity (and religion in general) if you have to advertise the fact that "Church seems boring sometimes is because we mix up religion with relationship". Does this mean that you will concede the right to sexual permissiveness just to get people to go to church?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:06 am 

I did for a long time too. Maybe because the church i first went to was full of strict rules and fighting. Now in the last couple days since i've started to let go- church is a lot more enjoyable and I get something out of it. :)

Profile E-mail