Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Thu May 30, 2024 11:24 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: I have Windows Vista and I want to restore Windows to like it was a brand new computer.?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:12 pm 

My friend messed with my computer and it is acting funny and adding other networks, so to be safe I just want to restore the whole computer. Best Buy told me that they would do it for $100 but I would like to do it myself if at all possible. Is it true that there are some crucial questions that a normal computer user can not answer themselves or is this entirely doable. If it is please let me know how! Thank you for your help.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: I have Windows Vista and I want to restore Windows to like it was a brand new computer.?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:24 pm 

Windows has this thing called "back up and restore" that will do the trick.... you can get to it by opening the start menu, going to accesories, system tools, and then "back up".
Then click on the "restore files" option, and then the second "restore files" option... hope this helps!
theres also a "back up and restore center" in the control panel...
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10877_11-6180819.html

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetmag/issues/2007/09/Backup/?loc=en

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:36 pm 

?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:48 pm 

there only one way to restore your computer. during the booting process just press few times F11, then you can "reinstall" Vista. but you're not gonna really install it once again you're just going to restore your system to like it was a brand new pc. remember you're gonna lost all you data and files, you should do a backup of your files before that.
Content provided by Yahoo Answers.

Profile E-mail