Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 11:25 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Hi how do I set up free Bluetooth or cable internet for nokia 5230 via PC...Please HELP!!!!?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:58 pm 

I I have a Nokia 5230 which is S60 v5 device so please if anyone can tell me how to use free internet on my nokia 5230 via Bluetooth or via the data cable VIA my PC so please help me I have Windows 7 ultimate and I use Microsoft bluetooth stacks or Microsoft inbuilt bluetooth software and I have an ENTER bluetooth 10 meters range dongle.......... please help
I want to browse the internet the from the mobile and please tell me step by step information as I am a rookie

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Hi how do I set up free Bluetooth or cable internet for nokia 5230 via PC...Please HELP!!!!?

u can connect either,m but u cannot browse from ur mobile, all u can do is transfer the files..

if u wanna browse, u need to at least have a wifi connection.

Profile E-mail  

whatever gprs enabled phone you used thats ok! what u have to do for making an internet connection is just install the driver for the usb cable so that your phone can be identified by computer. once installed, go to phone and modem option, select the modem type( there must be a modem showing your phone nokia as a modem) if you wanna change any configuration. most importatn is no. which u ll dial .(this is not your mobile no.so remember this), this number can be obtained by your phone service customer care. from there , also ask for area code and once get, enter the area code as well.

when all settings have been done ,its time to move to network location. just open my network places, and there, u creat a new connection by new network wizard. Select for the dial up internet connection and enter the dialing no(which u have got from customer care) . No need to enter any user name or password. simply dial and you re now connected with internet.
remeber , your LAN driver must be installed in your system otherwise your dial up willnot be connected with internet.

above was for the cable .
for bletooth, just pair with phone and your system ( in phone and modem option, choose bletooth modem ) create a new connection for dial up internet for this modem and remaining will be same i.e. phone no and area code.
Content provided by Yahoo Answers.

Profile E-mail