Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 8:16 am
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: how do you synchronize the audio and video when you install a dvd player to your home entertainment
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:40 am 

i recently bought an LG dvd/surround sound system. i set it all up, the sound is great, but after watching about 10 minutes of tv the audio loses track with the video. it only does this when i watch tv (direct tv with tivo) i went into the setup menu on the dvd player and found where you are supposed to do this but i can't quite get it right, it only allows you to adjust it in increments of 10ms. which seems like it would be enough but i have been messing with it for a couple days and cannot get it right. is there anything else i can do or is that it?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: how do you synchronize the audio and video when you install a dvd player to your home entertainment
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:40 am 

It should sync itself, and if it doesn't, call technical assistance.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:40 am 

You might want to look at your audio receiver (if installed) to determine this issue... Some/most better quality brands will have a "speaker distance" or similar setting available for your adjustment. This will eliminate delayed audio from most systems if you spend the time to do it right.
On the other hand, this sounds like a sound buffer issue (audio is stored and discharged (sort of like a capacitor) and HDD recorders like Tivo devices can suffer from a problem syncing if there is a buffer underrun or overflow. I would mess with your timing as far out as .6-.7milliseconds, but any more or less than that to accommodate those issues and it is a hardware issue. My gut feeling is that this DirecTivo is faulty. Contact DirecTV and have them replace the unit to see if that rectifies the issue.

Hope this helps!!!
Content provided by Yahoo Answers.

Profile E-mail