Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 6:16 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Does my laptop have all of these?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:35 am 

Ok so I am checking the system requirements for the Sims 3 because I think something's wrong with it, but I just wanna check, but I need a super high techy guy to tell me the answer. Does my HP Pavillion dv9000 laptop have:

?Processor: Pentium IV 2.0 GHz / Athlon XP 2000+

?Memory: 1.5 GB

?GeForce Go 6200 / Radeon mobile 9600

?Graphics RAM: 128 MB

it's a little too...well...confusing for me, so if you could let me know that would be great...and if you need any other details, let me know!

Also...

HOW DO I FIX THE TIME SPEED ON THE SIMS 3?

I am not dumb, I know the speeds 1, 2, 3, 4, but they are really slow on the Sims 3!! Maybe it is just that my laptop does not have all of the above things, but let me know if I need to get anything for it!! Oh and if there is anything I could do about it or fix it...ok thanks so much!!

Wow thanks "n4vjot" I really needed to know that so now I'm gonna go out and by myself a new PC with the 100$$ that I have??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:05 am 

well we cant know just by knowing the laptop brand.

Desktops are better for gaming than laptops just to tell you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:35 am 

Go to your start menu then to control panel then to systems. In systems a window will appear telling you everything on your computer. I had the hp dv6000 go to http://www.hp.com/#Support enter your laptop info you might need your serial which is on the bottome write what is going on submit they will contact you with ways to test to make sure that is the problem.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:05 am 

As a first step, please collect information about your computer in the following manner:

Start->Run-> type in "dxdiag" (without the quotes). If it asks you if you want to check the WHQL digital signatures, say yes.

This will open the DirectX Diagnostic.

The first page should have some information, two of which will be:
Processor : ...
Memory : ...

Next, click on the Display tab at the top, and look for the following entry along the left:
Approx. Total Memory :

Report back these items.

As for Sims 3, if it is lagging then your laptop might need something else, as you conjectured. With this information, we should be able to tell.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:35 am 

According to this ( http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3088 ) article you just meet the Requirements (except for the Graphics card), and since other process are running on the background this may limit the resources available to the game. Moreover it says in Wikipedia that you would need more RAM if you are running on Vista.

If you can shutdown some background process the game may perform better. Try running the game on a lower resolution.

You can get the Graphics card and increase the memory. But make sure that your laptop will support the graphics card.

Profile E-mail