Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 6:53 am
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: What version of Windows 7 do i need for my ABit Fatal1ty F-190 motherboard?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:07 pm 

Im rebuilding my system again and Im no computer genius- this being only the second time ive build my own machine, im needing to know which version of windows 7 pro operating system i need- 32 bit or 64 bit??? I don't know what other hardware makes a difference but ive got the following- 500gb Samsung internal hard drive, Kingston 8gb ddr2 ram (4x 2gb), Intel core 2 quad processor, Antec HE 430 power supply and i dont know what graphics card or fan yet.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: What version of Windows 7 do i need for my ABit Fatal1ty F-190 motherboard?

What you're asking is completely dependent on your processor.

Your processor does support x64 (64-bit) processing, so I would recommend to purchase the 64-bit version of Windows 7 (Win-win since 32-bit only supports 3gb of RAM).

However, a 64-bit processor supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems, so the choose of which version to use is completely up to you. But be advised that you will get better performance and will be able to fully use all your RAM with 64-bit.

In shorter words, buy 64-bit.

Profile E-mail  

To get to the point: if you have more than 3.25GB RAM, you need Windows 7 64-bit to use it all. Since you have 8GB DDR2, you need 64-bit.

Profile E-mail