Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 4:30 am
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Good computer for gaming and what games should I play?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:07 pm 

I plan on buying a gateway computer as seen here

http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668314.php

and i've never really was a gamer before on anything not even a playstation but I may want to do some slight gaming on here but nothign serioius since i never gamed before and I don't feel like spending too much money.

This computer has an Integrated ATIĀ® Radeon? HD 3200 Graphics card a 1 tera byte hard drive and 8 gb ddr2 ram also has an AMD quad core processor

I know its not the greatest set up for gaming, I didn't think about gaming when i was buying it because I was foucusing on it more for things i already use I kinda just want an idea of what are some good games that I would be able to run on this machine easily and that I would enjoy.

Profile E-mail  

It's a DAMN good set up for gaming. and a fine as* price, i wish i would've seen it. 8gb RAM ddr2 is beautiful, graphics card isnt amazing (integrated) but its ATI and you got 8gb ram along with quad core AMD. If ATI and AMD come together, you have paradise. I say you buy it.

It is a Gateway...which...isn't that great, but its a desktop so no worries. Stay away from Gateway laptops. The machine is really good i suggest you buy it before it goes out of stock.

Profile E-mail  

pretty good system for price but graphics card is weak but That's OK sense you are only doing light gaming. computer is somewhat future proof because of the quad core processor and 8gb of ram is good to. could play sims call of duty 1,2 call of duty 4 (maybe)
I will add other games onto the list if you say what type/genres you like/would like to play.

Profile E-mail  

Its a good computer and the same computer is available at best buy for a lesser price.

Here get this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Gateway+-+Desktop+with+AMD+Phenom%26%23153%3B+II+X4+Quad-Core+Processor/9535416.p?id=1218120536391&skuId=9535416
Same computer, $100 lesser.
Its a good computer, but for gaming you need to add in a dedicated graphics card. It does not have any graphics card.
There is some problem with the bestbuy site now.

So put in this card:
http://www.frys.com/product/6092428

Thats all required to thrash all latest games in MAX! and you even get DirectX 11 support with that card. So your gaming computer is now future proof, and will play future DX11 games easily.

Profile E-mail