Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:48 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Issues with NVIDIA Windows XP Display Driver update installation! Please Help!?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:35 pm 

I have a 2003 HP computer (yes she's old) operating on Windows XP. In order to run some software I needed to update my video driver. The software directed me to the NVIDIA website and I downloaded a zip file with enclosed update and I proceed to install.

HERE'S THE PROBLEM: When I get about half way through the installation an error message pops up, "Copy Error - Setup Cannot Copy the File nv4_mini.sy_. Ensure that the location specified below is correct, or change in and insert 'NVIDIA Window 2000/XP Driver Library Installation Disk 1' in the drive you specify." The error message gives me 3 options "c:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings\temp\temporary directory 1 for nvidia_175.19_2kxp.zip\nvidia_175.19_2kxp\175.19, OR C:\DRIVERS\SONYUSB, OR D:\"

I don't know what installation disk the message is referring to and I don't have any original disks that came with the computer. Any thoughts? Where can I get a copy of this disk? Also I've redownloaded the zip folder twice (both from different web links) and reinstalled. NO LUCK! Help please!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Issues with NVIDIA Windows XP Display Driver update installation! Please Help!?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:35 am 

You should be downloading the driver from HP - they usually use specially modified hardware, which needs specially modified drivers. (And that usually means that on an old computer, you can't use a new driver without putting in a new video card.)

Profile E-mail