Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:53 am
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: A look at the Giants potential end game and
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:45 am 
Advanced Member

why it’s not as crazy as it first appeared" />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteBig Blue Viewa New York Giants communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsLibraryGiantsOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections New York Giants NewsGiants Training Camp 2016Giants vs. Eagles 2015 Color Rush Christopher Slayton Jersey , Week 17Filed under:New York Giants News2019 NFL DraftPerspectives: Why I feel better about this Giants draft classNew,344commentsA look at the Giants potential end game and why it’s not as crazy as it first appearedEDTShareTweetShareSharePerspectives: Why I feel better about this Giants draft classChristopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY SportsLike many of you, I was stunned — maybe a little angry, too — when NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Duke quarterback Daniel Jones as the Giants’ No. 6 overall pick.Like many of you, I wanted them to grab Kentucky edge Josh Allen, and I felt that since they had committed to Eli Manning already for this year, they could punt on a quarterback and get a top-shelf prospect in next year’s draft.Having had time to digest the Giants decision and to see how the rest of their draft class turned out, I’m not as outraged as I was when the pick was announced. I think a big reason behind the outrage is the value the Giants placed on Jones. There were many (including me) who thought he might be able to be had lower in the first round. However, general manager Dave Gettleman refuted that in his post-draft press conference, claiming that he “knew for a fact” that two teams in front of him a No. 17 were eyeballing Jones when they were on the clock.While Gettleman didn’t name those two teams, Ralph Vacchiano of SNY did, identifying them as being Denver and Washington. (Broncos beat reporter Mike Klis of 9News reported that the Broncos were not one of the two teams and ESPN’s Dianna Russini, via ESPN Radio, claimed that neither Denver or Washington were the teams involved.)But I digress. After taking some time to think this through and look at both sides of the coin carefully, I concluded that the Giants, who remember had three first-round draft picks, are probably going to get their two defensive players, defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence and cornerback DeAndre Baker, on the field from Day 1. And if you look around the league, only a handful of teams get that opportunity every year to put multiple first-round draft picks on the field immediately out of the chute.Jones? There is a chance we could see him after the midway mark of the season, depending on how things go. If not, then it probably wouldn’t be a stretch to predict that the Giants and Manning will go their separate ways after this season when the quarterback’s contract is up Youth Christopher Slayton Jersey , thus allowing Jones to step in without having Manning lurking in the shadows if he were to struggle coming out of the gate. Last point on Jones. The Giants, under Gettleman and head coach Pat Shurmur, have brought a very different philosophical style to building and managing a football team that varies from the previous regime of Jerry Reese and Tom Coughlin. The most significant difference is that under Gettleman and Shurmur, once a pick is made and he gets into the building, they don’t sit there and determine who is going to play and who is going to sit based on the player’s draft pedigree. That was a mistake Reese made for years, as evidenced by how long he held on to his draft picks even when it was as plain as day they were working out.

Profile E-mail