Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:29 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Alternate Publishing Formats/Ideas
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:43 pm 

I've recently been playing with the Hooked format it's basically telling stories through the format of text messages, although they've expanded the concept to allow phone calls and in-person dialogue as well. Minimal narrative is allowed, so the stories come out kind of like screenplays, but readers are fed the lines one at a time, with a tap needed to get each new line. I'm not sure it's going to be a good mix for me--I love writing dialogue, but I also love having the time to slowly build interest and tension, and with this kind of presentation, I think there's a definite need to really grab reader attention early and never let it go. It's interesting, but it might be better for some who's a natural short story writer?

Another option I was reading about this morning is Tapas. It's more traditional in the narrative structuring, and it sounds like some authors are posting "regular" novels here, but the site is designed to allow serialization--kind of the same as Hooked, but with much more space before someone is required to "tap" or indicate that they want to keep reading. There also seems to be more author/reader interaction, although I think that's more a promo opportunity rather than a feature of the format. It kind of reminds me of the way a lot of fanfic is published, but monetized. Interesting...

I didn't find the right solution
References:
https://www.writingforums.org/threads/a ... as.153076/

Whiteboard Animation Video

Profile E-mail