Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:33 am
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Marshals dispute Woods claims
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:50 am 
Advanced Member

Following Saturday's incident in which Tiger Woods was accused of disturbing playing partner Sergio Garcia making a shot at the par-5 second, the world No.1's excuse has been questioned.

Woods claimed the marshals stewarding the comeptition told him Garcia had played his shot and that he was allowed to continue.

"They told me he already hit," said Woods, " so I pulled a club and was getting ready to play my shot. Then I hear his comments afterwards and it's not real surprising that he's complaining about something."

However, one of the on-course marshals disputes Woods' recollections.

Gary Anderson said: "He didn't ask us anything and we didn't say anything. We're told not to talk to the players."

In a statement to Sports Illustrated John North the chief marshal is reported to have added: "Nothing was said to us and we certainly said nothing to him. Ping Rapture V2 Irons I was disappointed to hear him make those remarks. We're there to help the players and enhance the experience of the fans. He was saying what was good for him. It lacked character."

With a last day collapse from Garcia, Titleist 910 D3 Driver Woods took the title at Sawgrass for the second time to extend his lead at the top of the world rankings.

Profile E-mail