Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:44 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Mizuno MP-64 Irons with Best Feeling "Player's Cavity" Desig
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:25 am 
Advanced Member

Mizuno has released their latest iron for the better player, the MP-64. Read on to find out if Mizuno's newest sticks live up to the high expectations that so many have for them.

Like all irons from Mizuno, the company allows for custom options. Off the rack, the Mizuno MP-64 Irons come stock with the True Temper Dynamic Gold shafts; however, I was looking for something a little different this time around and decided to go with the KBS Tour in a stiff flex and had them soft stepped once.

The new design of the MP-64s bring back some of the technology we have seen in previous sets from the company with an increased focus on feel. However, that isn't to say that these clubs aren't an improvement over last years or other irons that Mizuno has previously offered as there are a number of refinements which separate these from other clubs.

When you are known for making some of the best feeling irons around you kind of have to get this right, and this time around it seems that Mizuno has. Through the use of HIT, Mizuno was able to fine tune the vibration frequencies at impact. However, it wasn't just technology that helped Mizuno this time around. They also brought in their top staffer, Luke Donald, to get his input. This is only the first part, however, of how the company makes a great feeling club.

As my first set of true Mizuno player's irons (I also have the MP-H4's, but those are more of a game improvement club), I was just a little afraid that these clubs were possibly a bit over hyped. Mizuno MP-64 Irons for sale After all, it seems like any time there is a discussion about the best irons, Mizuno is always mentioned and their "buttery" feel has become almost legendary. However, in my opinion, these clubs more than live up to the company's reputation.

For me, the MP-64 heads with these shafts give me the trajectory that I'm looking for when I make solid contact. The ball comes out nice and high, but it doesn't balloon on me. With the long irons I get just a little bit of rollout as opposed to the scoring irons which drop and hop forward just a little bit.

Profile E-mail