Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:25 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Stenson headed to Augusta after T-2 finish
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:46 am 
Advanced Member

Henrik Stenson didn't get the trophy at the Houston Open. He gladly settled for an invitation to the Masters.

Stenson, who eight months ago was No. 133 in the world, closed with a 6-under 66 on Sunday in the Houston Open and was the leader in the clubhouse when the final round was delayed because of thunderstorms. D.A. Points closed with four pars and wound up with a one-shot victory.

Both were among four players added to the field at Augusta National -- Points as a PGA Tour winner, Stenson for getting into the top 50 in the world.

Stenson needed to finish at least in 13th place alone to break into the top 50, although he didn't know the math. ping g20 driver Stenson figured a top 10 would do the trick, and he didn't feel comfortable until he blistered his tee shot on the 18th hole and hit his approach into about 10 feet for birdie.

"I said to my caddie walking up 18, 'No matter what, we're playing for a green jacket in a couple of weeks,' ping g20 irons " Stenson said. "That will be nice. That was the main goal coming here. And when I played as well as I did, put myself in a good position."

On the other side of the Atlantic, Marcel Siem of Germany won the Hassan Trophy in Morocco. That moved him to the cusp of the top 50, but Siem fell short when Russell Henley closed with a 68 at the Houston Open to tie for 45th, just enough to earn points and stay a fraction of a point ahead of Siem, who went from No. 72 to No. 51.

Profile E-mail