Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:36 am
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Mickelson fired up for 2013 season
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:46 am 
Advanced Member

Phil Mickelson says he's relishing the prospect of 2013 more than any other of his 21 previous years on the PGA Tour ahead of this week's Humana Challenge.

Despite battling flu - like Dustin Johnson – that has denied him valuable time to hone his game with swing coach Butch Harmon before his first event of the year, Lefty remains in positive spirits following his encouraging end to 2012.

Although Mickelson claimed his 40th career title at Pebble Beach last year, his game quickly went to pieces after tying for fourth at The Masters when finishing outside the top-25 in nine of his next 10 starts.

But the popular Californian turned things around in the FedEx Cup Playoffs, sharing fourth in Chicago and second in Indianapolis before picking up three points at Medinah and finishing second at the HSBC Champions.

"Each week I got better and better all the way through the Ryder Cup and even overseas into China," said the World No.19.

"So that's why I'm so excited about this year. Each area of the game has been getting better and better each week that I've played.

"I don't think I would feel that way had I not gone through such a tough point last year. It required me to analyse each area of the game."

Mickelson, who has accumulated $2million in career earnings at this event, AP2 712 Irons for sale has twice opened his season here with victory (2002 and 2004) and he believes there's every chance of landing the hat-trick at the three-course tournament.

"It's a great place to start the season because we usually have very calm conditions and we have great practice facilities and three wonderful courses in La Quinta Country Club, cheap 913 d2 driver PGA West Palmer and PGA West Nickalus," he added.

Other players competing in the desert this week include in-form Tim Clark, American Ryder Cup players Brandt Snedeker Matt Kuchar and Webb Simpson, as well as defending champion Mark Wilson.

Profile E-mail