Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:36 am
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Is the goal of Christianity to eventually eliminate all non-believers or to coexist with other relig
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:36 pm 

Why would Christianity want to coexist when they know their religion is superior to all other religions? I've even heard some Christians claim that all other religions are of Satan.
When I say "eliminate", I am not necessary saying to kill.
@MuggerHugger: I decided to use Christianity because it is the major religion of where I live. And because of the technology here, I think Christianity has a better chance at world domination than Islam.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Is the goal of Christianity to eventually eliminate all non-believers or to coexist with other relig
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:36 pm 

No that is Islam

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:46 pm 

History says eliminate.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:55 pm 

Well, "catholic" is the greek word for universal . . . that kind of points me toward the idea that Christianity has had world conquest in mind for . . . oh . . . say about 2,000 years.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:04 pm 

Yes. Christianity and Islam has this common trait.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:13 pm 

I believe it was Christianity that coined the phrase, covert or die.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:23 pm 

Jesus wants us to love everyone and be a witness, with a realistic knowledge that not everyone will be saved. Our role is simply to inform and assist seekers where we are called to do so.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:32 pm 

The goal of authentic Christianity is to proclaim God's kingdom by emulating the self-sacrifice, service to others, and love of Jesus Christ.
Popular Christianity, I don't claim to know.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:41 pm 

The goal of Christianity is to convert non-believers, so I would say eliminate I suppose. Our goal is to deliver the truth to everyone in hopes that they will believe that God sent his only son to die on the cross and thereby be saved from eternal damnation. It's not about superiority. We simply believe the Bible to be the ultimate truth and the Christian's who act superior are not doing as Jesus would do AT ALL! I do not believe myself to be superior at all. I just believe what I believe and hope that I can be a witness to God's love and hopefully save a few people on my journey to Heaven.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:50 pm 

GODS KINGDOM WHICH HAS ONLY ONE TRUE GOD JESUS!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:59 pm 

Most of the christian cults, hide the fact that like most all other religions, they expect to eventually be the only religion. Whether by war, domination, or the second coming of the jesus dude and all that crap, they expect to take over the world.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:09 pm 

no, that's not the goal of christianity. Use your head, man.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:18 pm 

Well, there is some true to what you put down- other religions are from satan, weather they like to hear that or not.
And christians don't try to eliminate, the Muslim bub.
<><

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:27 pm 

I'm trying to think why you target Christians specifically, you don't think it's the same for muslims and Jews - or do you just fear them more?

Maybe some people would just like YOU to STFU.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:36 pm 

Well from what history tells us and the way people still act these days, I'd say the main goal is to eliminate anyone who doesn't agree with them, even though all religions do basically have the same premise...

Profile E-mail