Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 11:29 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: How vending machines are making life better for Kenyans
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:26 am 
Advanced Member

How vending machines are making life better for Kenyans

Shopkeeper, Jackson Opati, has stopped selling packaged milk from his store and instead switched to using a vending machine dispensing fresh milk. "This ATM is a more lucrative business," he explains.

You can enjoy slot gambling in the best environment without any hassle.

Mr Opati runs a small grocery store in the crowded settlement of Kibera in Kenya's capital, Nairobi.

For the last year, or so, his shop - built from wooden poles and corrugated sheets - has hosted a milk vending machine from US-Kenyan company Zaidi Technologies. It is one of nine such machines that Zaidi has operating in Kenya.

Using a small panel on the front of the machine, he keys in the amount of money that a customer wants to spend and seconds later the corresponding quantity of milk pours into a recycled plastic bottle or bag that the customer brings from home.

"Since I got the vending machine, the number of customers has sharply increased," he says.

Monday to Thursday, Mr Opati sells 150 litres of milk a day. On Fridays and weekends that jumps to 300 litres, giving him 6,000 Kenyan shillings ($53; £40) in profit a week. "For me, it's a good business," he says.

"These vending machines have become very important for us in Kibera," says one of his customers, Caroline Atieno, while queuing in front of the tall machine, which is decorated with pictures of black and white Friesian cows.

She has five children and says she gets through a lot of milk: "With this ATM, I can spend whatever I want on milk, even as little as 10 Kenyan shillings (9 cents; 7p), based on the money that I have in my pocket."

Profile E-mail