Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 am
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: How should I go about submitting something to the local newspaper?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:42 pm 

I recently wrote a paper which I got lots of congratulations on and I was told that I should get it published somewhere. I submitted it to my school newspaper and It will get published there. I was wondering how I can submit it to my local newspaper (The Idaho Statesman). Does anyone know how I should do that? Who to talk to? Anything like that?

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: How should I go about submitting something to the local newspaper?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:42 pm 

Write or call the editor of The Idaho Statesman and find out if he/she would be interested.

Congratulations and good luck!

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:42 pm 

Call and ask for the editor of the Opinion section, and ask what the procedure is for submitting a piece.
You will probably have to modify it some, to fit their format.
Otherwise, you can always submit a Letter to the Editor; but I'm guessing your piece is too long for that. But if you do, be sure to leave a phone number where they can reach you in the late afternoon, which is usually when they will call you up to ask your permission to print it.

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:42 pm 

Send your paper, by Certified Mail with a Return Receipt, to The Idaho Statesman, 1200 Curtis Road, Boise, ID 83706. You may not receive an answer; but, at least you will have proof that you sent your paper.

Make a photo copy of your paper; and, be sure you keep the paperwork you get from the post office showing your Certified Mail Receipt, and also keep the Return Receipt you receive from the newspaper.

Send your paper to other newspapers within 200 miles of you. Even if the Statesman isn''t interested, doesn't mean another newspaper might not want to publish.
Content provided by Yahoo Answers.

Report this post
 Profile E-mail