Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: What questions to expect at a job interview?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:19 pm 

I'm going for a job interview tomorrow as I have applied for a Temporary Office Assistant vacancy. What kind of questions should I expect? That's my first formal interview, as I'm 16.
Any ideas in terms of questions and how shall I answer them? What is a suitable outfit/dress code?

Thanks for your help!

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:19 pm 

They will ask you what your biggest weakness is. This is popular now in interviews, a bit of a trick question. Formulate something semi-negative but only so because it's actually positive. Good luck!

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:52 pm 

You are 16. They are not going to try and trip you up. If I were hiring a temp who was 16 I would want to know if they had held other types of jobs before and how regular the hours were, like did you babysit every week or mow lawns... Also what type of extra curricular activities you do, how is your school schedule, what do you want to do with your life...

Everyone knows this will be your first real job and that it is not going to be your career. They will want to make sure you show up on time every day and can follow directions.

As far as dress goes, wear something conservative but not dressy. Khakis or chinos, a dress shirt, maybe a tie (but no suit jacket), and nice shoes. Something you would wear to a casual church event.

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:24 pm 

Formal dress-white or light colour shirt, a tie and dark trousers, no trainers.

Expected questions are; company's background/nature of business, what and how can you contribute to the company? your strength and weaknesses? why do you select the company to work for? what are your goals?

I expect your questions will be easy as you are 16. However, do not under estimate your rivals. This is the only way to be on top of everything. I interview people many times, I prefer someone who is very natural, relax, good in gerneral knowledge in current news. Don't panic during interview but you need to show how much you want this job.
Content provided by Yahoo Answers.

Report this post
 Profile E-mail