Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Anyone have suggestions on how to start a house cleaning business?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:19 am 

I want to start a house cleaning business in my area but don't even know where to start. Any suggestions?

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Anyone have suggestions on how to start a house cleaning business?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:19 am 

Since you need to work locally, you should do some research in papers and online to see what kind of competition is out there. Also look in the phone book and make calls to businesses that offer house cleaning. This should give you an idea about what kindof competition is out there and how much you can charge. Then you could advertise cheaply with flyers

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:19 am 

Hello Liz----
If there is a service in your area and you get a job there
go to work for therm in ant capacity and in six months or less
depending upon your business back ground you can learn much of
the necessary things you must do.

If that is not a good idea for you then Google D.I.Y. Business Plan
and check into a business if that type and plans suggested.

If that does not do it-- check the local governmental assistance groups for minorities---ladies can get assistance in that way and also possible financing----

If you not do research up front you will look back and wish you had---

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:19 am 

visit the small biz admin's web site and download a free biz plan

send me your first draft of your executive summary; I will guide you

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:19 am 

executive summary?
I don't think she needs that yet.
Maybe a bottle of Windex and pinning some business cards to mailboxes would be a more practical start

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:19 am 

Although I work in the office cleaning industry (and you may want to consider that), residential and commercial cleaning business start up is somewhat the same. And you're smart to investigate before you try and get clients!
Here's some beginning steps:
1. Check with your city or county clerk's office to see if you need a business license or fictitious name license. These are inexpensive ($25-$50) and usually last 3 or more years. You don't really need this in the beginning (unless there is some type of mandatory ordinance or something). You'll need, though, if you wish to open a business bank account;
2. Then, call around to insurance companies and compare prices for liability insurance (sometimes called bond). This protects you if something breaks or gets damaged while you're on the job. And, yes, sometimes you didn't do it, but with this you can keep a client! AND, when you can say to potential clients, "I have liability insurance" it not only makes you professional, but adds confidence. It shouldn't cost more than around $100-$300/yr for $100K coverage (you don't need more than that for now, probably closer to $10K-$25K for residential) HINT: if you're going to do office cleaning, ask them who they use or if you could do a bid, or for residential-still ask them if they hire house cleaners;
3. Call existing cleaning companies, pretend to be a potential customer, to find out the going rates and services provided;
4. NOW, make a nice flier and/or introductory letter about your service and start knockin' on doors, so to speak! Dress nice, maybe have a t-shirt made up with your company name and/or logo at Cafepress.com, too. Think about magnetic signs and/or a vinyl wrap for your vehicle. Think about parking your vehicle in areas where you wish to find business and in high traffic locations-street intersections, parking lots, etc. Target areas that either have new construction or are affluent...these are potential clients that have money and are also looking for a deal;
5. And spend less than $29 on a residential cleaning kit that will give you the basic contracts, forms for estimates, pricing charts and book-keeping, intro letters, supply list and resources, customer leads and other valuable tips. I have a couple listed on my squidoo lens. It will save you time and money in the long run!

This is a general start. There is lots of information available for you below......

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:19 pm 

If you can go with cheap rates and focus on working women with a household. They often have no real time to clean and often feel guilty about this. I am one. Try for a catchy slogan like "Clean when you're not even home" and advertise in local laundrymats, supermarkets and drugstores, by the way, you anywhere near Phila.? I could use you.
Content provided by Yahoo Answers.

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Re: Anyone have suggestions on how to start a house cleaning bus
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 11:39 am 
This is a very relevant question. I've been thinking about it, too, because I want to be my own boss. I am a very freedom-loving person. I like working remotely. I found a very interesting article on the topic mr bet bonus terms. I'm sure this information will be useful to you. You don't have to thank me! If a good saying. To reach the goal, you need to go. I agree with that, don't you?

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed May 27, 2020 11:39 am.

Report this post