Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:50 am
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: How to write a testimony when you have not given your life to Christ?
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:53 am 

I have to write my testimony and read it to the 20 people I'm going on my mission trip with. My delimma is that I'm not right with God the way I should be. I know there is a God. I also believe that Jesus died to take away my sins, but I just haven't given my heart to him yet. How would I write my testimony then?

Thank you so much!

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: How to write a testimony when you have not given your life to Christ?
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:53 am 

Just tell lies...........like everyone else does.

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:53 am 

Just write what you shared here... "I'm not right with God the way I should be. I know there is a God. I also believe that Jesus died to take away my sins, but I just haven't given my heart to him yet".

Being honest will bring more honor to God and yourself then pretending all is well. The reason for the mission trip I would think is to evangelize to the people you meet there and I believe you would best understand their hesitation in receiving Christ as their Lord and Savior. Your desire to go shows your a caring person and are open to new things and new situations. The same is for you, to be open to the moving of the Holy Spirit and be open to new things of the Lord.

This trip just may bring forth revelation that you yourself need to see God's love for others but more importantly God's love for you. As you share this the spirit of the Lord will bring to mind what is holding you back and hopefully you will reevaluate your delimma and seek the wisdom of the Lord in your situation.
Content provided by Yahoo Answers.

Report this post
 Profile E-mail