Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 5:31 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: What do you write in a letter requesting an interview?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:03 pm 

I'm a rather hopeless letter writer and want to create templates for my most common letters that don't involve personal details and then I want to use mail merge to fill in fields. Being a hopeless letter writer I have a need for these letters but no idea what to write in them. Ideas?

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: What do you write in a letter requesting an interview?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:03 pm 

It's as easy as mailing a cover letter with a copy of your resume. You can usually use the same general format for your cover letters, but customize each one a little bit so it has a more personal touch. For example, point out why you are the best candidate for a new hire for the organization at which you would like to work.

Most employers will not take a second glance at your resume unless the first paragraph of your cover letter really grabs their attention. It's important to say as many positive things as you can in a very brief letter. Your resume should be kept to one page as well, unless you have decades of relevant work experience and you're trying to get a very prestigious position such as a Senior Vice President. The operative word in my previous sentence is "relevant." Bigger is not always better. The people reading your cover letter and resume will all be very busy, so only include the best things that are the most relevant to the position you're after.

See the link in my source for some great examples. Good luck!
Content provided by Yahoo Answers.

Report this post
 Profile E-mail