Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 8:00 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: What are some good community service projects?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:07 pm 

I need more community service hours for my college transcript. I've already gotten 20 this summer, but I need 40 more to move into 10th grade (I have the entire school year). I need 320 hours to graduate.

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: What are some good community service projects?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:07 pm 

Pick up trash on side of highway
Weed grass out of cracks in parking lots of parks, schools, courthouse, etc
Read to the blind
Pack food at food bank
~You could sponsor a local animal shelter. Ask for donations of bleach, newspapers, bags of cat/dog food, toys, etc. Run the promotion for a set period of time.
~You could play a game of CLUE in your school. Assign different teachers to be different characters, and the principal to be Mr. Boddy. Give a list of clues (about the teachers looks, hobbies, etc) and charge $1.00 for each guess a student makes. Put all the names in a jar and pick one, the winner gets to split the money with a charity of their choice.
~You could do a food drive or coat drive. Donate the food to a local food pantry and the coats to goodwill. Goodwill has a program where if you can fill one of their trucks with coats or clothes then they give vouchers to your school. If there are needy kids then the school can give them a voucher and they can get clothes from Goodwill.
~You could hold a teacher/student basketball (football, softball) game and charge admission, also sell baked goods. Donate the money you raise to a charity that you vote on.
~Hold a community talent show. Charge a $5.00 entry price and then charge admission. Let there be a prize for the winner. Donate money to whatever charity/group you want.
Good luck hope these ideas help!!!

Many libraries have programs where volunteers help people with reading, such as those for whom English is a second language.
Content provided by Yahoo Answers.

Report this post
 Profile E-mail