Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 8:42 am
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: SEO And Advertising: How Much To Charge For Wikipedia?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:05 am 

I've have had several potential clients ask me to write up content for Wikipedia. This way their business gets listed. I know Wikipedia has rules. However, I am good at writing content :)

How much should I charge? I am thinking between $599- $1500! Is this a reasonable price?

lenin,

Please learn to read. My clients are asking me to write content for their site. Their content is to be used for submission to Wikipedia.

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:05 am 

hi ...
your thoughts are wrong ... Wikipedia submission is free only . but if you want to gt index your websites in Wikipedia , you should write one unique content
for more information just read How to Write Articles in Wikipedia search .. you will get the result ...

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:05 am 

I would say that depends on niche and your guarantee article would not be deleted by some admin few days later. $1500 seems much to me but price can vary between $50 and $500 maybe.

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:05 pm 

Given the difficulties you are are liable to face, the prices you are thinking of are low. Wikipedia actually has a policy expressly forbidding what you are proposing to do for your clients. Their "Conflicts of interests" policy was amended in 2006 to ban paid editing in response to some paid editing work done by an internet startup known as "MyWikiBiz". At the address below, you can check out a brief history of this.

However, the mere fact Wikipedia has a policy against this does not mean it cannot be done. If you know and are friendly with "the right people" on Wikipedia, you don't have to worry about following COI rules, or for that matter any other rules. In some ways, it is a lot like dealing with a corrupt Third World government. You can read about one fairly notorious example of this here: http://www.deepcapture.com/tag/wikipedia/ If your efforts meet with success, the articles your client is interested in can be placed within a "walled garden", a secret form of protection that prevents critics or other unwanted editors from changing it.

Knowing all this, your client may very well ask "Is it really worth all this trouble?" I would suggest that the answer is "No", and that other alternatives should be explored. However, if you and your client are determined to proceed, the best advice I can offer is this: don't get caught.

Report this post
 Profile E-mail