Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 8:10 am
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: Getting into broadcasting (without the degree) HELP ME DECIDE WHAT TO MAJOR IN :D?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:14 pm 

(Im a freshmen in college) i am really interested in majoring in broadcasting (tv & radio) but i know it is a big risk taker when it comes to finding jobs...im also interested in the business side of radio and tv like promotion advertising and marketing

SO...

should i major in either marketing or advertising? since there is more job opportunities but still attempt to get into broadcasting (and if i dont make it then ill still have the marketing or advertising degree)

would i be able to get into broadcasting without having majored in broadcasting?

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Getting into broadcasting (without the degree) HELP ME DECIDE WHAT TO MAJOR IN :D?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:14 pm 

No tv or radio station will ever ask what your major was. That is the biggest shock when you apply for jobs. If you have a "dream voice" or the "perfect personality" , the manager might hire you on the spot. Many broadcasters have little education and they do a great job. They are able to be at ease in front of a tv camera or behind a microphone.
The advertising side of tv and radio is a bit depressing. Endless calling on local businesses to buy an ad. Get "on air".

Report this post
 Profile E-mail