Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 3:52 am
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: How to do SEO? Who can give me some USEFUL tips for doing SEO?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:06 pm 

I have a new websites. And after a week now, the visits are few. Some one told me I should do some SEO jobs to promot my web. So, who knows some seo techniques or strategies to optimize the website( not an seo company, i need the skills of SEO).

any help would be appreciated.

LEA

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:06 pm 

The big things to remember about SEO is your website has to be easy to read by a crawler, which is essentially a robot.

You want to make it as easy for the crawler as possible to find what your website is about.
For example, you should always include a link to your sitemap on the homepage. A sitemap is a collection of links to all the pages on your website. Don't make your sitemap flash or silverlight, just ext, since crawlers can't read flash or silverlight.
Having flash or silverlight is still okay, as long as you also have text links.

To help google image search find you, all your images should have alternate text (the text that shows when you move your cursor on it, or if the image doesn't load)

Another thing: All links to other websites should be relevant. If you link to a website that's completely different than your own, add the nofollow tag before doing so.

Google loves fresh content. Having a blog that you regularly update, and updating your general website content frequently helps you attain a high google ranking.

And lastly, make your pages easy to load. Speed is now taken into account by the crawler, and if your webpage takes an excessively long time to load, that can hurt your ranking.

When I first became interested in learning about SEO, I found an awesome 9 page guide for beginners SEO at http://www.seomoz.org/article/beginners-guide-to-search-engine-optimization

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:06 pm 

Lea,

Doing your SEO yourself has some disadvantages, which can be avoided if you hire an SEO service provider. However, if you want some tips regarding on-page and off-page SEO techniques, you can check out the blog: http://internet-seo-marketing-trends.blogspot.com/

Hope this helps...

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:06 pm 

Hi? lea
SEO is a longterm strategy. And, there are some tips for you to following .
http://seotechniquesandstrategies.61484.free-press-release.com/
They are easier to understand for the beginners. I just optimize my web according to those tips. I think it's helpful. And I also saw some other webs seo skill, but it is not so easy to understand. Hope this web is helpful to you.

Report this post
 Profile E-mail