Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:17 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: The theme is getting the best result possible
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:55 am 

With regard to leadership effectiveness, the ability to adapt to the Interaction Styles of the individuals we lead greatly extends our capacity to gain their understanding, cooperation, and commitment.

Leadershift is the name I have given to the practice of adapting ones own Interaction Style to that of others. The principle of adapting ones own interpersonal approach to others preferences remains the same when focusing on team dynamics.

http://autocontrolcable.sitey.me/being systematic in how I explain the projects objectives, timelines, requirements. As a Get Things Going leader, my natural tendency when delegating would be to:

??connect with the individual on a personal level before getting down to business. Their focus is on interaction, often with an expressive style. For example, my lack of a predetermined and concrete plan of action can irritate a Chart the Course type, who may view my leadership as thoughtless, aimless, and overly expressive. People of this style focus on understanding and working with the process to create a positive outcome. They notice right away what is not working in a situation and become painfully aware of what needs to be fixed, healed, or corrected. Their informed and deliberate decisions are based on analyzing, outlining, conceptualizing, or foreseeing what needs to be done.

Used with permission from Berens, Linda V. They may experience my fast paced, consensus decision making style as a frustrating impediment to taking the time necessary to dialogue, research, and refine our ideas to get the best result possible. I believe that a persons Interaction Style is innate, a part of their hard wiring. Behind the Scenes

The theme is getting the best result possible. You will find individuals responding to your leadership initiatives with more commitment, greater understanding, and better results. Using a Leadershift approach might involve the following actions.

Profile E-mail