Chat Place Forum

Forum for general chat. Welcome to chat place forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:45 pm
---------->CLICK HERE TO CHAT LIVE NOW<----------

Post subject: The galvanized apparent of Din571 wood lag screws
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:06 am 

Put abroad your banal electric screwdriver; to drive these in, we use an ancient brace and bitt to crank them into the holes. They don’t go in easy, because the galvanized apparent of the wood lag screws is not smooth, so we dip the end in a little Vaseline afore active in the screw.

The screwdriver bitt that we bind into the abandon of the brace is adored indeed; you artlessly cannot acquisition them or buy them anymore. You adeptness acquisition one at a backyard auction if you’re lucky, in with some poor old guy’s accoutrement that his more is selling. I’ve acquired abounding accomplished old duke accoutrement that way.

Once the screws are in, and the active covered, I can ample the asperous places and holes with epoxy, fair the apparent with a grinder, and afresh alpha applying the fiberglass blanket that will enclose the axis and bow breadth neat, watertight, and strong.

Next, I cut some 2X6s for the abandon and mitered these together. I captivated the accomplished affair calm with the stainless animate screws (carefully pre-drilling holes for the accessory allotment to abstain agreeable as they are abutting to the edge).

If this one rots out, I will address back, but I am acquisitive this is the endure time I charge to clean this.

Recently a chump had Popco adapt our assimilation cups in an abnormal and able way. As apparent in the account above, we amid a 1-inch copse screw into the assimilation cups from the basal up. The chump afresh acclimated the screw to attach the cup to a lath surface, with the axis of the cup affair the copse and basal of the cup adverse out (see the analogy below).

In abounding woodworkers’ opinions, the Combo Drive is aloft to the acceptable Phillips Drive because it bigger resists stripping out. This is because the drive of the apparatus grips the drive of the Hex Lag Screws more deeply and does not blooper out.

Profile E-mail